Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Keynote: The Anythink Library

Listening to Pam Sandlian-Smith was inspiring. I love the Anythink Manifesto (http://www.anythinklibraries.org/sites/default/files/imce_uploads/Anythink_Staff_Manifesto.pdf) I am going to print a copy and hang it up near my desk as inspiration. I also liked how the Anythink way of thinking is to disrupt the ordinary. A couple of things that I am going to try to keep in my vocabulary are:
1. The library should help people become producers.
2. A trip to the library should be an experience.
These are more than just going to the library to check-out books and reflect an attitude change on how services are provided and what services are provided. The attitude change needs to be with library staff and also developed in library users.

I also came away from the keynote address with a couple of books added to my reading list. Why We Buy by Paco Underhill and Setting the Table by Danny Meyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment